Why I'm loving the Duster coat for Spring


When you're not quite wanting to wear a trench but you want something to keep you that little bit warmer in the interchangeable months of Spring, look to the duster coat. A couple of years ago I experimented with a blue number for Chicwish and, whilst that one is long gone, the love of this simple coat has not disappeared.

Being totally truthful, I pinched this one off my sister before a morning of shopping out in Chichester whilst I'm back home for Easter (omg they've opened a Sweaty Betty!). I've found a few that I like online but it can be a very hard item to style if, like me, you're vertically challenged so the hunt for me remains one that must be undertaken very much in store - I'm out in Brighton on Tuesday (vlog will be coming...of course) and hunting for a grey duster coat will be top of my agenda. I just wish that H&M and Zara did more for petite people *sigh*.





One reason that I love this style of coat dearly is that it's just so easy to wear and makes any simple outfit totally chic! For example, this simple blouse and denim look would probably look a bit grannyfied if I wore it on its own but throw on a loosely structured yet minimal duster coat and the look is instantly transformed to that of one who knows how to dress (the Chanel style slingbacks help a bit too!).

I'm also seriously loving blouses and duster coats together, H&M are killing it this season with some great blouses to choose from and in typical London style they can be seen on anyone either spotted, floral or simply plain.

At the moment I'm planning my LA wardrobe (definitely not one for festival dressing so don't go thinking Coachella vibes) and it is definitely going to contain a lot of these simple but floaty basics - I can't wait!

Shop the Duster Coat






Shop these items on the 'Shop' page

I'd love if you subscribed to my Youtube channel


7 comments

  1. Yes, such a beautiful coat is perfect for spring!
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The duster coat goes well with the rest of the look. Funny story, I almost purchased similar shoes from Mango on Friday!

    / ORRBLOG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sweetie - I just love it! These shoes are also Mango :)

      Delete
  3. Nice look!! I love the trench:)
    XoXo

    www.acooltime.es

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very nice and lovely outfit ;)

    https://4highheelsfans.wordpress.com/2017/04/18/normandheels/

    ReplyDelete

© ARABELLA

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig