How I'm changing up my style for summer



We're often made to feel put into a box; as if we can only be that one person and we can't change who we are or how we feel. I find this quite a lot with fashion too, either because we have an Instagram 'theme' to maintain or a particular style we must stick to but recently I've really wanted to break the rules and try new things. I used to have quite a tailored, masculine style but I've been relishing in being so much more girly lately! Yes I still adore my loafers and oversized knits but something about dresses and skirts has got me all giggly inside. And that's okay.



Fashion is a way to express yourself and your creativity, that doesn't mean you have to express yourself in the same way all day, every day. Personally I love to mix it up in the warmer months and with a trip to LA coming up I'm really taking this up a gear and experimenting with so many different things.

My colour palette does stay broadly the same, this isn't just because I like monochromes, blues and nude tones but also because I find it a less stressful colour palette to maintain - everything goes with everything! That being said, I will be wearing a red playsuit and pink accessories this summer because....why not? It's fun and I want to!

This summer I really do plan on having an LA style - a bit more relaxed, with plenty of frills and wrap dresses and skirts with lots of bardots and maybe a hat and some chokers! (Who knows?). Then when the autumnal breezes stroll in I'll likely head back into my oversized coats, jeans and boots and darker tones. I just want to say that this is okay - don't feel the need to conform to 'your style' - it's yours so do as you please! If that dress you like the look of looks awesome on you but it's a colour or style you wouldn't normally wear, go for it! Don't put it back on the rack because Instagram wouldn't approve.



Shop the look




I'd love if you subscribed to my Youtube channel


No comments

Post a Comment

© ARABELLA

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig